If your hair is feeling dull and dry than this is the Mayonnaise Hair Treatment for you. It is super inexpensive to make so it won’t break your pockets. The good thing is I’m sure you probably already have all of the ingredients in your house anyway. Here is why I picked these 3 ingredients to create this DIY Mayonnaise Hair Treatment.
Mayonnaise is packed full of protein- Hair is made up of 91 percent protein and that protein breaks down when we do all of those bad things that we do to it.
Apple Cider Vinegar is great for clarifying- The apple cider vinegar will help break down all the product buildup on your scalp and hair. Not getting rid of the product buildup will weigh down your hair. This is why your hair still feels dry when you put moisturizing products in it.
Olive Oil is just fantastic on natural hair- Olive oil penetrates the strands of your hair very well to give it some moisture.
How to prepare your DIY Mayonnaise Hair Treatment
You will need to mix the following amounts together to create this Mayonnaise Hair Treatment:
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (I used organic because most of the things in my house are organic)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
How to apply your DIY Mayonnaise Hair Treatment
- Step 1- Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo.
- Step 2- Separate clean hair into small sections and apply DIY Mayonnaise Hair Treatment thoroughly to each section and scalp.
- Step 3- Cover hair with a heating cap or a plastic bag for 30-40 minutes.
- *Do not put plastic bag over your face*
- Step 4- Shampoo the mixture out of your hair and follow-up with your favorite conditioner.
- Step 5- Apply whatever products you normally use and style to your preference. I normally do a twist out after a wash.
This DIY Mayonnaise Hair Treatment will give your hair the boost it needs to feel softer, look fuller and keep moisturized. Try it out and let me know how it works for your hair type.
Please keep in mind of you decide to do this in the shower, the surface of your tub might become slippery so be careful.